Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Kayak Fishing

Kayak Fishing Going out on the seas in very small plastic boats and getting towed by very big fish!!

Old 12-04-2004, 02:28 PM

Found fish early this AM in Ocean County . I was lucky to get out before the crush of boats began. Big schools of surface feeding bass that went down as soon as the boats ran them down . If you want to find them look for the fleet off IBSP and south . Get out tomorrow if you can I feel another blitz coming.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:28 PM

Found fish early this AM in Ocean County . I was lucky to get out before the crush of boats began. Big schools of surface feeding bass that went down as soon as the boats ran them down . If you want to find them look for the fleet off IBSP and south . Get out tomorrow if you can I feel another blitz coming.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:15 PM
SS/Insider

Kayak is absolutely right. I spent all day off Lavallette/Ortley/Seaside and had the single best day of my life fishing. Final count was 10 bass, one blue. Stripers ranged from 22 inches up to 32 (it was hard to let that guy go, but...). The one I kept was fat as hell and full of intact peanuts. As it started to get truly dark, a full out blitz was on off NJ avenue. They hit just about everything. Today I had TWO double headers (teaser and Ava, teaser and shad), and there are still blues out there. Sunday should be great. I can't go, but I figure I ought to end the season with the day I had today. Have fun. I strongly suggest people get out tomorrow...calling for light west wind and warm air.
peace,
Jim D.
"Then fishermen got into the act & said the warm water would interfere with & reduce the Striped Bass...all their environmental complaints are excuses to hide their real purposes" Ronald Reagan on NYC's West Way Project
"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-04-2004, 11:33 PM

Hey Jim
Way to go! If you don't mind the cold I think there are going to be fish for atleast 3 more weeks . One of the best parts of fishing in mid to late December is the lack of boaters . Being the only person in the middle of a massive blitz is magic.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:49 PM
SS/Insider

Krazy,
Absolutely. There were only a few boats out there with me today, and by the time it was really starting to get dark, I was all alone in the middle of a flat out blitz. Heaven. Where do you launch? I'd love to have some company if I head back out one or two more times...
Jim
"Then fishermen got into the act & said the warm water would interfere with & reduce the Striped Bass...all their environmental complaints are excuses to hide their real purposes" Ronald Reagan on NYC's West Way Project
"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature."
Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-05-2004, 12:23 AM

I live a couple miles north of where you launched today in Mantoloking. The PM thing on this site doesn't seem to work for me but email me at flyfisher88a@netzero.net and we'll get togeather.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:38 AM
SS/Insider

Will do. Not sure when I'll be out again, but after today, I've got to give it a few more shots. I'll definitely get in touch when I'm heading down next time...
Jim
Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-05-2004, 09:11 AM

Guys, thanks for the great reports. I am going to get out around noon today. I'll let you know how I do. I plan to head to Seaside, but I will be on the scout from Bay Head all the way down.

I don't plan to call the season over until 12/31 or 3 skunks in a row. Whichever comes first.