Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Kayak Fishing

Kayak Fishing Going out on the seas in very small plastic boats and getting towed by very big fish!!

Old 09-14-2004, 03:26 PM

Hey Guys,
Trying to get as many of us together for a trip to Nockamixon Lake On Oct. 10th. Anyone And All are welcome. Stay tuned for further updates.
SmokinJoe, Jim Thorpe, Pa.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:26 PM

Hey Guys,
Trying to get as many of us together for a trip to Nockamixon Lake On Oct. 10th. Anyone And All are welcome. Stay tuned for further updates.
SmokinJoe, Jim Thorpe, Pa.
Old 09-15-2004, 07:52 AM

Hi SmokinJoe,

I'm in for this trip as well as another buddy of mine. I was out with Bone Daddy last weekend, and he said this trip is for fising the Pac. and not the Nock. I'm 5 minutes from the Nock so that would suit me just fine. Let me know where we are going and I'll be there. Thanks

Mark
Old 09-15-2004, 08:59 AM

Hey Mzim,
Yeah,I meant to clarify that with him. I think we had more guys from down(your) that way so I thought that would be a great place to start(Lake Nockamixon for our first get together). The Pac could be another trip. ArtieW was from up there. It doesn't matter to me, I'm about an hour from either, plus I have a ton of electric only lakes as well as Beltzville Lake Which has stripers in it, by me. My intent is to just get some of us, farther from the salt guys together. i figured I'd post everywhere I get on cause I know different guys use different sites. So it will be Oct 10th for all those interested. We'll have to dtermine time etc.
Thx SmokinJoe
Old 09-15-2004, 09:18 AM
SS/Veteran

welcome fellas. Good to see new members here, using the boards to get together and hopefully catch more fish. Where do you guys like to paddle? Got any pics?
Old 09-15-2004, 10:05 AM

I got into kayak fishing this spring. I have a Tarpon 120. I fished a lot behind IBSP and caught many fish. Had the kayak out in the ocean late in the summer to practice surf launches. Going out is the easy part. coming in however is another story. I'd say I was around 50% success rate coming in without dumping. I'll have to be sure my stuff is locked down before coming in so I don't lose anything.

Down the shore, I fish anywhere from IBSP/LBI up to Sandy Hook. I'm looking forward to getting out there this fall for the first time in the kayak. There were too many times last fall we were left standing on the beach, just out of reach of blitzing fish.

I bought the kayak with mostly saltwater in mind, but I am surprised how much I used it in freshwater in PA. Lake Nockamixon outside Quakertown and many float trips on the Skuylkill River for smallies. There are many places in our area I have to explore. Too many places and not enough time.

I've caught more fish out of this kayak than I ever have throughout my life. I've been hooked since the first bluefish I caught in the spring trolling a banger on my fly rod.

I've met a few kayak fisherman this year, and I look forward to meeting more, sharing knowledge, and having fun catching fish from our kayaks.

Here are a couple recent picks from PA. Skuylkill River and Lake Nockamixon.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:07 AM

Here is one from the Skuylkill River, PA
Old 09-15-2004, 02:36 PM
SS/Veteran

great pics! Welcome again and thanks for posting them up.
Old 09-15-2004, 06:39 PM

SmokinJoe,

I'm cool with the 10th at the Nock, just wanted to make sure we're all on the same page.