Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Kayak Fishing

Kayak Fishing Going out on the seas in very small plastic boats and getting towed by very big fish!!

Old 06-28-2008, 05:36 PM

Default Duke of Fluke - Kayak Fishing Tournament

I am new to your site and just wanted to say hello! and let everyone know that we have added a Kayak Fishing Division to our 15th Annual Duke of Fluke Tournament. This is actually a separate tournament exclusively for the kayak anglers. I am working on posting the registration forms on our website, but here are the basics. The date is Saturday, July 12, 2008. Captain's meeting Friday, July 11th @ 7:30 PM. Entry fee is $65.00. Prizes and trophies will be awarded for Single Heaviest Fluke 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place. You will receive a Tournament T-Shirt, a Captain's goodie bag, raffle ticket, and a ticket to the Banquet/Awards Ceremony. The banquet and awards ceremony is one of the best post tournament parties in New Jersey! We will have a Pig Roast BBQ by Smokin' Dudes BBQ, cold beer, live music by the Tidal Wave Band, and on the back deck an Exotic Bird Show, caricature artist, and live steel drum music. I will post more information and a link to the registration form as soon as it is posted to our website. In the meantime, you can check out photo's from prior Duke of Fluke Tournaments @ www.sterlingharbor.com Please feel free to e-mail or call 609-729-1425 for more information. We hope you can join us!!

609-729-1425
Old 06-29-2008, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Duke of Fluke - Kayak Fishing Tournament

I'm in. I hope for a big showing.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Administrator

Sounds great, Keep us posted. JOe
Old 06-30-2008, 08:58 PM

The entry forms are now on our website. www.sterlingharbor.com
Now I'm working on the prize packages and will keep everyone posted!

609-729-1425
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 PM

If anyone is new to the area and would like some good launch locations, I'd be happy to help out. Also, I have a few guys that are all going to fish as a group. The more the merrier. I will be at the captains meeting and I will be at Sterling Harbor 5:30am the day of the tourny.

Chris
609-827-9249
Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 AM
SS/Veteran

Hi Cathy,
This looks great. The secret about kayaks and fluke is out! If anyone wants to do this I will go in on gas with you. I need to keep budgets tight so maybe we could caravan.

Anyone local down there, I will trade you some rigging tips for some areas as I dont fish down there. I will also be happy to show you some nice areas up here in return.

It would be cool to get a ssc team together, Ben, Hammer, Rob, JP, Ed, Ron, snuffy, al, anyone? Who wants to go down as a group?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:23 PM

Thumbs up Re: Duke of Fluke - Kayak Fishing Tournament

There are some nice Flounder being caught in the Back Bays right now. Lots of shorts are in the mix making for plenty of action.

Here's Ken with a few from his new Outback.
Hope you can join us for the Duke of Fluke Tournament Saturday, July 12th. We have an awsome party planned for the post tournament festivities. With a Pig Roast BBQ, Cold Beer, Live Music and more.
For the Kayak Division, 1st Place will receive a trophy and a $300. Sterling Harbor Merchandise Certificate. 2nd Place will receive a trophy and a $150. Merchandise certificate, and 3rd Place will receive a trophy and a $75. Merchandise certificate. Plus we will be raffling off lots of other prizes during the awards ceremony. Some of the guys want to start a Calcutta, for anyone interested. Feel free to call me at 609-729-1425 or e-mail me @ sterlingharbor@comcast.net with any questions.

609-729-1425
Old 07-07-2008, 05:45 PM

Hey Shipwreck, we met at the NJ Angler tourny at IBSP. Justin and I are both from Cape May County and are more than willing to help out. Plenty of launch spots and the fishing has been red hot. Well fluke anyway. I can't seem to find a good weakie so far tho. Hit me up anytime.

Chris
Old 07-10-2008, 03:21 PM

Default Who will be the Duke of Fluke?

The trophies are waiting... hope you can join us Saturday, July 12, 2008. Captain's Meeting Friday, July 11th @ 7:30 PM. (Final Registration Saturday @ 7:00 AM)
Call, e-mail or visit www.sterlingharbor.com for more info.

609-729-1425