Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Kayak Fishing

Kayak Fishing Going out on the seas in very small plastic boats and getting towed by very big fish!!

Old 11-11-2004, 07:37 PM

Heck of day on the yak.

Phase 1 – hooked up w/ Krazykayer and got only one blue fish between us. Fished from 6-8am.

Phase 2 – my other buddy, not a poster on the forum hit Mannasquan and had 20 blues each in 2 hours. All smaller fish and lots of boat in the mix. Rough water and I dumped in on the way in. Not a good way to end an otherwise excellent outing. Fished from 11-1pm

Phase 3 – the two of us launched into blitzing blues in Sea Girt. 25+ blues each but all much nicer fish in the 5-8 pound range. Really rough water and this time I landed safely, but my buddy dumped it. Fished from 3-5:30pm.

Overall and far and away the best day of my first kayak season. What a rush. I can not wait for the blue to be replaced by bass.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:37 PM

Heck of day on the yak.

Phase 1 – hooked up w/ Krazykayer and got only one blue fish between us. Fished from 6-8am.

Phase 2 – my other buddy, not a poster on the forum hit Mannasquan and had 20 blues each in 2 hours. All smaller fish and lots of boat in the mix. Rough water and I dumped in on the way in. Not a good way to end an otherwise excellent outing. Fished from 11-1pm

Phase 3 – the two of us launched into blitzing blues in Sea Girt. 25+ blues each but all much nicer fish in the 5-8 pound range. Really rough water and this time I landed safely, but my buddy dumped it. Fished from 3-5:30pm.

Overall and far and away the best day of my first kayak season. What a rush. I can not wait for the blue to be replaced by bass.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:02 PM

Head north young man. I guess I should have known you guys would get into fish after I left the party . Good job guys way to stick with it.That's what I call a marathon session!
Hey GlobeMaster you or your buddy dropped a glove in my driveway.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:46 AM

Congratulations. Brings back memories of last weekend. Nothing beats catching fish from a kayak. I'm completing my first season with my kayak too, and it has completely surpassed all my expectations. Hopefully I'll get out a couple more times for some stripers before I close out the season.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:24 PM
SS/Veteran

great reports fellas. Congrats and keep em' coming