Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 12-27-2010, 12:16 PM

Default Free Registry: Are Anglers Picking their Own Pocket?

Opinion:

http://anthonypmaurosr.webs.com/apps...eir-own-pocket-
Old 12-27-2010, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Free Registry: Are Anglers Picking their Own Pocket?

I am tired of hearing all this stuff about funding. If the DEP was so worried about it they would not have dragged their feet in regards to coming up with a proposal. The only bill out their now is the free registry bill so it is either that one or paying the feds $15. Like I said before, I want our Bureau of Marine Fisheries to be funded, but we can do that later through a sportsmen's lottery or a striped bass license plate. For now take the money out of the excise tax we pay for all our tackle. I just donated $100. to the NJ Outdoor Alliance but I have to say that they are really starting to aleinate their members with their position on the free registry.

Paul Haertel
Old 12-28-2010, 08:09 AM
NJBBA, Capt. Team SS, SS/Insider, SS/Platinum

Default Re: Free Registry: Are Anglers Picking their Own Pocket?

DEP had three years to come up with a solution. They did nothing. The Striped Bass Bonus Program is already in place. They can administer the registry program until (instead of) something is proposed.