Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 AM

Question Party boat recommendations?

Me and a few buddies are looking for a party boat that does night fishing. Can anyone recommend one, preferably in or around the central jersey shore regions (LBI, Seaside, or thereabouts). I have done some searching and the ones I have found primarily fish for blues and are usually only a 1/2 night of fishing (7:30p-12:30a). Is this all Ill be able to find? Were interested in fishing for the whole night if possible and would prefer fishing for really anything but blues. Anyone know of a place that does this or does it not exist outside of private charters? Any info and links would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: I just realized that there's a forum for party/charter boats so I apologize for the misplacement... Is there a way for me to move this thread to the proper local?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:33 AM
Togalicious Moderator

Default Re: Party boat recommendations?

Generally most boats that are fishing during the evening will be bluefishing and bass. Generally most are heading in around midnite/1am as they have to shape up for their morning trips.

Some boats fish early evening aka magic hours for fluke but are done usually around 10pm the latest. While fluke do bite at night, it's usually not that good. Norma K runs evening ling trips but believe that's usually in the Fall/Winter.

Not a real demand for overnight fishing unless we're talking tuna trips. Possibly a charter boat may do something for you. Maybe check out Fish Monger charters.