Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - New Jersey

Fishing - New Jersey New Jersey Fishing Reports and Information covering Sandy Hook south to Cape May

Old 08-21-2007, 08:18 PM

Default The "FLUKE" plot thickens

Not only does this person know a gillnetter very closly but I was also told at the oldestr baitshop on the highway that she won a fluke tourney 3-4 years in a row and it was cancelled due to questionable findings. Apparently the last straw was that she was "in" by 10 am one day with the winner? Not bad for a couple of hours fishing.
Moreover the Star Ledger today reports that the person claimed to be the witness by the alledged record holder claims himself as not being there to witness the catch. Thanks Capt AL.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: The "FLUKE" plot thickens

Heard there checking the fishes mouth for any hook marks still havnt heard anything about it yet
Old 08-21-2007, 09:06 PM

Too many questions from the get go. Too many stories and I'm sorry no one is that lucky. Even then too many questions.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phila4n26 View Post
Heard there checking the fishes mouth for any hook marks still havnt heard anything about it yet

I don't see how this can be done after the dogs ate it on Sunday.

"Then Sunday evening came word the big fish, left in the cooler overnight outside her home, had been ravaged by animals."

http://tinyurl.com/2c76l6

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 08-21-2007, 09:41 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

you can ask Bob Soldwedel, former head of nj f&w, what he thinks about "records". He had someone turn in an Atlantic Salmon claiming it was a NJ state record brown trout. Many more stories. And then there is Mr. Smarty's stories.

well, just add this one to the books. it looks over... or just beginning
Old 08-21-2007, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess View Post
I don't see how this can be done after the dogs ate it on Sunday.

"Then Sunday evening came word the big fish, left in the cooler overnight outside her home, had been ravaged by animals."

http://tinyurl.com/2c76l6
I guess what i heard was a lie. she probly let her dog eat it up so no one would know. That kind of like saying my dog ate my homework
Old 08-21-2007, 10:18 PM

The various fish Monica has caught border on the unbelievable. I hope that all were caught legitimately. However, if you saw the picture in the other thread, can anyone explain why the fluke's head is ripped half way off? I can believe the big scar on the tail but anybody with Monica's credentials would know enough to preserve that fish in A-1 condition. With endorsements she should receive, that fish should be worth about 1 million.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angler Paul View Post
The various fish Monica has caught border on the unbelievable. I hope that all were caught legitimately. However, if you saw the picture in the other thread, can anyone explain why the fluke's head is ripped half way off? I can believe the big scar on the tail but anybody with Monica's credentials would know enough to preserve that fish in A-1 condition. With endorsements she should receive, that fish should be worth about 1 million.
The fish is not even close to being worth 1million. She already admitted that she used a Spro bucktail and 65lb braid. Spro got free advertisement and what line sponsor will encourage 65lb braid for fluke? She is lucky if she got $100,000 out of it. Remember the biggest $ comes from lure/line companies. (Don't believe me ask a professional bass fisherman, their sponsors either manufacter line, lures or both.) Fluke is a summer weekend anglers sport for the most part. The serious fisherman already know how to catch the doormats and the weekend anglers go to shop-rite and fish lead > 30" leader > k-mart wide gap hook w/ squid.

Now if it were something that has a lot of attention and tournaments behind it worth big $$$$ like a large mouth bass. The advertisements and sponsors for bass fishing tournaments are unbelievable. Largest fluke tournament is 25k, Cheap sponsors, and high entry fee's to pay for the prizes. Bass tournaments hit 25k in the juniors.

FIRST MISTAKE SHE MAID WAS SAYING COMPANY NAMES. IF YOU CATCH A RECORD AND SOMEONE ASKS YOU SOME QUESTOINS LIKE:

Give sponsors versatility to choose what they want to advertise & don't give them free advertising.

What lure?
wrong: Spro 1oz white Bucktail tipped w/gulp 3" shrimp
correct: Bucktail

What line?
wrong: 65lb powerpro braid
correct: Braided (Sponsors are all focusing on braid now)

Where?
wrong: 134 longitue, 432 lattitude (not even close on my spelling )
correct: On my brother's commercial dragger J/K say Raritain Bay or some other LARGE body of water LOL.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Togalicious Moderator

The head was basically ripped off as she was fishing a bucktail with a stinger hook and assuming the fish swallowed it as she stated she went thru the gills to take it out. I'd have cut the line and iced the fish down immediately. Ripping it out from the gills should have caused the fish to bleed and lose some weight. You'd think someone with pending record would know that regardless of the exciment of the moment. That was after it was stepped on to restrain it from flopping about on deck too.

Then when it was weighed, the head ripped off more.

1 million dollars??? LOL

I think $100,000 is a stretch as well since the only photos of the fish are pretty bad and now the fish was ravaged by animals.

Maybe she'll get some free products or a hat. Why pay when she already said their names?
Old 08-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Togalicious Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHammer View Post
Moreover the Star Ledger today reports that the person claimed to be the witness by the alledged record holder claims himself as not being there to witness the catch. Thanks Capt AL.
There were quite a few press mistakes made by the papers. One guy was listed as being on the boat when it was really the name of one of the photographers present at the B&T.

Still, too many changes to the story and just alot of lil things that make you go hmmmmmmm
Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 AM
SS/Veteran

The fish eating dog story could just be a smokescreen to keep people guessing. Who knows? I still cannot fathom leaving that fish unprotected. No rational person would do that. She is either trying to throw the haters off the trail or she was destroying evidence.

It is just crazy. I dont even leave cold cuts on the counter for fear my dog, who is an accomplished counter-surfer, would get all that tasty boars head.

Phila4n6 is moving closer to an apology from me. Still no proof, but I am starting to lean.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:46 PM

There is no fish, there for there is no record, she allowed the dogs to eat it and then thats it. If she really thought that this was a record and that it was a justified and verifiable catch then why the incorrect treatment of the fish? Why step on it?, Why tear the head off? Sounds like a net to me! I would have this fish so well perserved if I thought for one minute that it was a record. She probably did not know that it was going to be a record when she obtained it from wherever she got it, probably thought pic in paper and small blurb but oh what happened. This would not be her first record so she knows what needs to be done in order to get said record and she knows how the fish needs or needed to be handled to truely qualify for a record. A B&T pic and weigh in does not quarantee anything for her. I think that she was trying to get her name in the paper and figured that no one would jump up and question it like it has been. So hence the dogs, "oh well my dogs ate my record breaking fish", oooopppsss, sorry. There are just too many questions about her and not the fish but about her specifically, where there is smoke.......I think at this point her fishing for records carreer is done, she will never be taken seriously around NJ beaches again and thats what she deserves if she is lying.. Banishment is a powerful thing.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Togalicious Moderator

Well...as long as the scale was certified and the paperwork filled out accurately, then there still is the possibility of a record. Once it's documented, there's no rule that states she must keep the fish. Heck, she could of ate it afterwards if she wanted to.

There was a pic of it being measured and her hand basically covering the tail. Some say it was to get the most accurate measurement by pinching the tail...I'd be more concerned of the head hanging off the body and making sure THAT end was lined up properly. That's just me though

I really hoped that it was true, but just not thinking that's the case anymore. Only time will tell...
Old 08-22-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubbs View Post
I think that she was trying to get her name in the paper and figured that no one would jump up and question it like it has been.
I think the dreamboat challenge is a little more important to her than just getting her name in the paper. But yeah, I don't think she was expecting this much publicity. I don't remember the other fish that she entered getting this much publicity.
I wonder if Saltwater Sportsman will have an article about it and her next month.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:49 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number5 View Post
I wonder if Saltwater Sportsman will have an article about it and her next month.
There will be a lot of articles about her for a long time. Ask Al M