Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: holy @#$% shark

jaws part IV???
Old 05-31-2007, 06:00 AM

wasn't there already a IV or was that JAWS revenge??
lol
Old 06-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Moderator, Team SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipwreck View Post
Here's an Idea

Lets get a team of big shark hunters to pull big sharks out of the surf this summer. 4 or 5 big sharks later......bennies fleeing, we get the beach back. Sounds too simple.
Y'all know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down to the pond and chasing bluegills and tommycocks. This shark, swallow you whole. No shakin', no tenderizin', down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your businesses on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, be on welfare the whole winter. I don't want no volunteers, I don't want no mates, there's too many captains on this island. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that you get the head, the tail, the whole damn thing.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~Henry David Thoreau
Old 06-07-2007, 11:20 PM
SS/Veteran

I would guess a giant dusky. It was not a thresher...would have seen a giant tail, not a mako, would have jumped like a banchee, and not a bull, too cold.

I would bet the house it was a big dusky. I nailed one off flynns knoll one year on a bunker chunk and will post pics later...need to dig them up.

Spoon
Old 03-30-2008, 12:00 AM

bump
trying to get the juices flowin again.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:34 PM
SS/Insider

Hey, ScoobyDoo.
Did you ever do any research to help with the identification of the shark, that you hooked up with that night????
Old 03-31-2008, 07:59 PM
SS/Veteran

I did not chunk as much as I wanted to last year but one night I did hit a fish that wasn't a bass it was a sand tiger and here are some shot of the little feisty %&@#%$.
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2008, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of the sea View Post
Hey, ScoobyDoo.
Did you ever do any research to help with the identification of the shark, that you hooked up with that night????
Well it still kinda troubles me. It had the sort of brow line of a tiger bull or g white(yeah right), but it had a blunt flattened snout. The most troubling part were the teeth. It looked like it used to wear braces they were all in a perfect row that much i could see. As far as how many rows there were, I could only see one from my vantage point, and only the lower jaw. If it was a huge bull I don't know if i could have gotten it that close. And, if it were that size, I am adamant that it was at least ten foot. I have seen the little guys that were around all last summer into fall, tons around 5 foot in lenght. This things head all by itself i bet could have outweighed the brownies being caught. I think its a bull just not sure how possible that is.. I thought i had it beat maybe I still had another couple hours to go in the fight. Maybe i just got lucky that it came close enough to make an appearance. Man if i never saw the thing Sh=t I don't think it would be right in the head today. I just consider myself lucky to have even experienced it.

See why did you have to ask me that. I just spent the last hour staring at my wall picturing that thing. to be frank there are two things i don't really talk about much involving fishing. Getting spooled at round valley in January 2007 (190 yds of 20lb braid from shore mind you with two witnesses and a guy on a boat who watched it happen) . And the shark night. it Just gets the gears all wound up.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:02 AM

tkhat was a fantastic read, thanks for sharing it.

Armand