Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > MAIN FORUM

MAIN FORUM We want You! - This is the place for general discussion of fishing for striped bass, bluefish, albies, weakfish, etc.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:45 PM
SS/Insider

Default Re: Need your prayers

Paul...great news.....

You'll need more than prayers ...now you might need a private detective to keep an eye on him when you're not around....we're all stubborn...rememeber that.....

get him on this site....maybe he'll "listen" to a few of us "old timers" about doing what the doctors say you can do....not what you think you can do

bOb....ski

When I drink alcohol, I'm an alcoholic. I've switched to Fanta.....you guessed it....I'm FANTASTIC !!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:59 PM
SS/Veteran

I have to admit, He is doing pretty good. He's walking fine and has just about full motion of his left arm.

BUT, I was about to void our contract for a big job we have in Newark Airport. My father doesn't need the stress nor do we. The job is very big and will definitely be time consuming. What does he do? Calls the concrete company and tells them we're still doing the job and to send the contracts. I just took his truck keys and locked them in my safe box.

Member - Jersey Shore Surfcasters
Old 04-04-2007, 06:21 PM

The Daley family has been sending their prays up to the big man for you and
and yor father and family thank god he is doing better good luck and keeps
us posted take care
Old 04-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Moderator,Team SS 04-08

Paul,
Great to hear he is home. You have to expect that he will want to go back to the usual routine, being in charge and all. I'm sure the doctors have told you this but... Make sure he rests. The kind of stuff he went thru is tough, and I'm sure your dad thinks he is tougher than what anyone can throw at him. Us old farts think we are invincible... If your company can handle the job, without your dad doing anything more than administrative stuff, go for it. He might not like being on site, but if he has a hand in things, it could prove beneficial for him and the company. Best of luck to you!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 PM
SS/Veteran

We may still do the job. Just had a family sit-down and I'm impressed with his decision making. He agreed he would listen to the doctors and step back from driving. He was just getting frustrated because he felt he was being treated like a child. I'm taking him tomorrow morning before work to see our business agent for the Union to see if we can get a good forman to run the job for me. I've learned a lot in the 4 years we've had the company and I can handle getting our money, running the job, & dealing with customers. I just didn't want him stressing out over everything. If we do the job, My brother is going to bring him out every other day just to take a look at things.

I'm not as worried as I was before. We encouraged my mother and she's feeling a lot more confident that she did a good job. She was afraid she was too weak and we had to explain to her that we're the men in this family. My brother and I are wiling to do anything to ensure the health and happiness of our family.

It's gonna be a little rocky at first but I know my father will fully heal. It's just gonna take time. Again, Thank you all for the prayers and kindness. You're all the best

Member - Jersey Shore Surfcasters
Old 04-04-2007, 10:24 PM

We are all thrilled for you Paul , we never know how God is gonna sort these things out. Sounds like he was listening.

Armand