Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Kayak Fishing

Kayak Fishing Going out on the seas in very small plastic boats and getting towed by very big fish!!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2008, 04:07 PM

Default Kayak Suggestions

Hi,

I had always been interested in Kayak Fishing, but just recently tried it. I am now kicking myself in the XXX for not doing it sooner. Paddleing to coves and sneaking up on bass is pretty damn fun.

I live close to Lake Champlain and will primarily be fishing there, BUT i do get to the North Shore of MA about 3-4 times a year.

As in every sport i get into I like to start out not dropping a ton of money. I like to start out with "crappy" equipment (cheap) and figure out what I like and don't like.

What are the suggestions for where to find a used kayak. I like smaller meanueverable ones to get into tight areas to start. Does anyone have a "extra" one for sale?

I work with computers and if anyone has any interest in that I have a couple MACs i can trade and some cash or straight cash.

I want to keep it simple at first all I see I need now is a rod holder.

Thanks for any help!

Scott