Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 06-29-2019, 04:17 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Is Trump Your President?

Here is a real pissah: how do you feel about President Trump?
Old 06-29-2019, 06:13 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Thumbs up Re: Is Trump Your President?

Frank here's something from 2016 I like
c/p
Raccoon Poop

Like many citizens, I?€?ve wondered and tried hard to understand why Trump has such a remarkable following. (It's obvious why he shouldn?€?t!) Then a friend sent me this raccoon story. It makes no difference about your political leanings, this is just a good explanation of WHY... (Or it's as good as any I have seen).

Assume that you've been on vacation for two weeks, and when you come home you find that your basement is infested with raccoons. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean raccoons have taken over your basement. You want them gone immediately. You call the city, the county and 4 different exterminators. Nobody can handle the job . . . But then you hear of one guy and this one guy guarantees to get rid of them. So you hire him. You don't care if the guy smells, you don't care if he cusses and swears, you don't care if he's an alcoholic, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he voted for Obama, you don't care if he has plumber's crack, you simply want those raccoons gone! You want your problem fixed! He's the guy. He's the best. Period.
( Back to Trump

WE JUST WANT IT FIXED and Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want.
We're sick of our politicians, sick of the Republican Party, sick of Democratic Party and sick of illegals. We just want this thing fixed. Trump may not be a saint, but doesn't have lobbyist?€?s money holding him, he
doesn't have political correctness restraining him, and we all know is that he has been very successful in business and is a good negotiator. He has built a lot of things. He's also not a politician, not a cowardly politically correct politician. And he not only says he can fix it, he says he will fix it and we believe him.
And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong or looked at and called a liar. Also we don't care if the guy has bad hair.
We just want those raccoons gone, out of our house, NOW .
I feel this is why hundreds of thousands of people that haven't voted in 25 years are registering to vote this year. The raccoons have got to go.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:34 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Is Trump Your President?

Good job, Michael, great parady. You should get the clap for that.

I don't know anybody who voted for Trump. We all voted against Hillary. Putting her on the ballot was a cosmic error. You know what? Bet they will do it again by putting Pocahontis on the ballet. The feminnatzis have genderized the presidential office. ( I have daughters who cried when Trump was elected.)
Old 07-01-2019, 01:10 AM
SS/Veteran

I honestly can't say I like Trump, but I dislike Hillary even more, and both Clintons together? Well, I'd had enough of them. My synopsis of the last election was (almost): "Which devil do you want to sell your soul to?" I probably should have voted for the independent, "what's his name?", but really wanted to keep Hillary out. And let's face it, if I voted for the independent, all the Hillaryophiles would have "voter shamed" me anyway...
Old 07-01-2019, 10:18 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverrude View Post
we all know is that he has been very successful in business and is a good negotiator.
People who think Trump is a good businessman are fools. He might be the worst businessman in history. He inherited $400 million from his father, and has pissed almost all of it away. If it wasn't for reality TV, he'd be broke right now.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Garrity View Post
People who think Trump is a good businessman are fools. He might be the worst businessman in history. He inherited $400 million from his father, and has pissed almost all of it away. If it wasn't for reality TV, he'd be broke right now.
Not sure where you got your info but Forbes estimates Trumps worth at $3.7 billion. And most experts agree his start was with about $25 million from Dear Ol Dad, pretty good performance from Sonny Boy.

I've watched the Dems cry real tears, blame Trump for everything, and now they are ready for a crusade to replace him. Stock market is booming, unemployment is non-existent, building is strong, industry is doing well, please explain why he needs replacing? Don't say he has kids in Mexico in monkey cages, that's Barry's law anyway. You get yourself one of these new "Dem's" like DeBlasio, Murphy, Ocasio-Cortez, and you'll find out what the new line of liberals is all about.

He gets my vote again, he has earned it.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:05 PM
SS/Veteran

The whole subject is having a weird effect on me. Bad enough that an old union man like me who doesn't want to hunt with a sharp stick is torn by opposing issues. But now we have an embarrassing president who is way better than anyone the Dems can hose down. And yes, Highlander has a point about Trump's track record for getting things done. We have had a long line of ho-hum presidents prior to Trump. No president, either party, is without their warts and imperfections. Trump less.
Old 08-28-2019, 09:29 AM

Attached Images

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Old 07-01-2019, 10:38 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

I am still ecstatic that Hillary was not elected.

That is the best way to leave it.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:46 AM
SS/Veteran

Chris, then are you saying that you preferred Hillary? So far no one here is lauding Trump. What I hear from this thread is that people voted AGAINST the other candidate, Hillary. You know what I think? The Dems are not going to find a suitable candidate any more this time than they did last. Then Trump is going to be in for a second term by the same default.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:08 PM
SS/Veteran

Is Trump my president?
You're double damned right he is!!!!!
MULE.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:13 AM
SS/Veteran

Steve Sink, Steve Sink, ??. where have I seen that name before? Here, in the Mogadishu of the northeast, they hate President Trump. But, like you, I think Trump is turning out to be a president right up there with Ronald Reagan. Sure, nobody liked the two candidates at election time; it was like choosing between Hitler and Mussalini (sp). Frankly I never expected Trump to be as competent as he has been. Our investments are flying; the North Korea 70 years war is ending; Iran will fall into line or else. China is being forced to respect our intellectual property and trade imbalances are being corrected. All things that the Zzzzzzacrats made no effort to fix.

Know what I hope: that there is a debate between Pocahontis and President Trump and Trump wears a headdress with all feathers amid beating war drums.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:32 PM

Like it or not he is the president. Best president of my lifetime .....and I will vote for him again in the next election. Our southern border is being invaded....and up until Trump no one has dons as much as he has to stop it.
I've worked in construction ...46years...ruined now by illegal workers brought in by the coyotes......human traffickers.
Old 07-02-2019, 03:52 PM
SS/Veteran

Yes, Bob, I think you might be right. Sure, Trump is a tough guy to work for as evidenced by his huge turnover of staff. But the buggah gets things done. What is warming is that I know you are from Mogadishu where the Trump haters thrive. I'll bet you dropped your sub for the Boston Globe, aka "Mass Pravda".
Old 07-02-2019, 04:37 PM

THANKS TRUMP! The Dow Jones Just Had It's Best June In 80 YEARS

Recent gains have helped the Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.28% to ring up its best June gain of 7.2% since 1938 when the blue-chip benchmark surged an eye-popping 24.3% on the month, according to Dow Jones Market Data.

https://trendingpolitics.com/thanks-...BT89gG59VoOzjk