Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:59 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: National Rifle Association -- extremi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALMONMEISTER View Post
Rak, you're "cherry picking" your data here! School shootings are a subset of total gun deaths...and you're only basing your argument on a two year time span! You could take an area where there are a significant amount of gun deaths, but they may not have had school shootings. Just saying that you could make a better argument for yourself. Also, my understanding is that D.C. and Chicago have tough gun laws...and plenty of violent crime anyway.
Some gun laws are ridiculous: After one of the school shootings a while back the politicians reduced the number of bullets in a clip, and then patted themselves on the back...but forgot that you could still have more than one gun...

I agree with Biggestsquid on the abortion thing. A while back someone made a comment on another site that potential young gun owners should have to go through all the red tape that a young woman goes through to get an abortion: consent, waiting periods, availability only in certain areas...there's a long list. My comment to that person was that I agree...but keep in mind that most legal/responsible gun owners hunt and target shoot. Abortion on the other hand is only used for one thing...IT HAS NO RECREATIONAL COMPONENT.
I should add to the bottom of my previous post (above)
Abortion has a 100% kill ratio...many hunters do not...
Old 07-07-2019, 02:13 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: National Rifle Association -- extremists?

Gun laws are a joke and do nothing to stop gun crime. Here in Mogadishu we have among the strictest gun laws in the country. And they are shooting each other like there is no tomorrow. Sure they get a guy who shot three people in the parking lot outside a gin mill. They are charged with not having a permit but they are going to do life for murder anyway. So all the Democrats have done is created a lot of feel good for their party while taxing the innocent. Remember the school teacher, my wife, who might have had your kids in a classroom, had to pay for a gun permit to go hunting and shoot clay targets. Send a letter to Boston Pravda complaining about this and they won't print it.
Old 07-08-2019, 10:06 AM
SS/Veteran

Magadishu had 12 shootings over the 4th of July holiday weekend. It must be true because it was so reported in Boston Pravda. makes you wonder, how many of the shooters had that $100 gun permit my wife and I were required to have.

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." Seems I read that somewhere.
Old 07-09-2019, 07:28 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Philly is no better (arguably worse):

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – It was another disturbing weekend of violence in the City of Brotherly Love, another weekend filled with gun violence. More than a dozen people have been shot since late Friday night, the gunfire erupting in nearly every pocket of Philadelphia, even on I-76.
Philadelphia Police have been very busy this weekend. There were 23 shootings within city limits so far, but no one has been arrested.

Philadelphia gun laws are among the strictest in the United States. Guns are deemed to be serious offenses in the City and County of Philadelphia. Prosecutors with millions of dollars of resources in prosecuting such cases every year have the help of experienced police officers and courts that often impose maximum sentences for gun offenses, even for first-time offenders.

.... that's if they ever catch the guy(s)

it is every night on the news, every day, every weekend....

"

Gun violence in Philadelphia is so pervasive, every day feels like a mass shooting, according to a new study from Temple University.

Although shootings in the city are spread out across different neighborhoods and involve different people, the end result is still as heavy as a single mass shooting for the victims’ communities and the hospitals that treat the victims, the study found, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer."
Old 07-09-2019, 11:54 AM
SS/Veteran

Boston (Mogadishu) is up to 17 for the holiday weekend. May be they will raise the gun permit fee in the hope that will reduce gun crime. Or, they could sue the gun manufacturers again.