Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:10 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Default Re: the pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
I see where Tom Brady just signed a new contract for an additional 2 million per year for two more years. That brings him to 32 million the coming season. Seems like a lot of money but then somebody thinks he is worth it. Moreover, he is sixth in top money list which means five people make MORE than he.

Brady is also a big investor in Under-Armor which I read is not doing well.

The market might have him dirtying his shorts
Old 08-08-2019, 08:44 AM
SS/Veteran

"The market might have him dirtying his shorts ?."

That is Brady you are talkin' about. He could lose a million and not even notice. (Without Brady the Pats would be in the league bottom.)

They are grooming a new quarterback for back up. Only a matter of time before some other team marks Brady for a dirty hit that will sideline him. Votch!
Old 08-12-2019, 01:29 PM
SS/Veteran

They played one of the new backup QBs in the pre-season and he looked pretty good. Hope he is as good as Garapollo who got traded off. We are not going to have Brady forever and a new QB is going to be necessary. We got to beat those interlopers from N.Y. and Philly as has always been the custom.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:40 AM
SS/Veteran

The league is letting Josh "Flash" Gordon back after his being sidelined for drug abuse. Gordon has a history of blood test failures but he also is one of the most promising wide receivers the Pats have. What with Gronk retired, they need a wide receiver so his return is good news.

I know you Mid-Atlantic interlopers are not wild about the Patriots, even tired of their successes, but here in Mogadishu we are thankful for small things, especially when these small things are enjoyed by a team run by Conservatives --Kraft, Belichick, and Brady -- who despise the press.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:21 AM

Talking Re: the pats

It's almost football season, so a reminder for all youse New England fans:
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2019, 02:14 PM
SS/Veteran

My pants will never dry.

Pre-season football is like tongue kissing your aunt. Still, my wife is all horsed over tonight's impending home game. She loves to hunt but she has missed so many PM hunts because of football. And I hate going out afternoons without her. Strange thing is that I have gotten so many deer on Sunday afternoons while she was watching football.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:20 AM

Thumbs up Re: the pats

Quote:
My pants will never dry.

Pre-season football is like tongue kissing your aunt. Still, my wife is all horsed over tonight's impending home game. She loves to hunt but she has missed so many PM hunts because of football. And I hate going out afternoons without her. Strange thing is that I have gotten so many deer on Sunday afternoons while she was watching football.

I love the fact that you admit to hate going out without her, but you DO ANYWAY
Old 08-23-2019, 03:28 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobS View Post
I love the fact that you admit to hate going out without her, but you DO ANYWAY
The number of allowable hunting days is limited/restricted. Its not like most fishing which has a long season. The day of hunting you skip is not going to be offered back. Some seasons are only 10 days. Mogadishu has only two weeks with no Sundays. Sure, you can combine different types of deer hunting like muzzleloader and shotgun and you can lengthen things out by doing additional states, which we do but the dates still go by on your favorite situations. You can also add additional species like ducks and upland birds. For instance, doves begin in September and ducks, then pheasants then deer, then archery deer and when all put together you can hunt for five months; but you have to buy the licenses, different firearms, bows and ammo. Time was when we did all that, back when we could walk.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:57 AM
SS/Veteran

Just when we get Gordon back from league drug punishment, we lose another guy, Patrick Chung, for having drugs while arrested. Talk about a rotating door of great players who can't stay clean. I guess drugs are a sign of the times.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:13 AM

Here's another sign of the upcoming Pats season
Attached Images

Old 08-26-2019, 02:52 PM
SS/Veteran

Its humorous but you guys make way more over the ball pressures than the subject deserves. How much can a miniscule variation in pressure do to determine the outcome of a game? You have to know that nobody is more of a hardass over regs than I. But way too much was made of ball pressures that time. You can make all the excuses you need for saving face, like ball pressures, but in the end the Pats had the superior team and ball pressure was not the reason. Any Physics student can tell you that temperature influences the pressure within a sealed container like a football. I said at the time that if you air-out a beach buggy any change in temperature will influence the tire pressure. I saw it. We drove for miles on a hot day and aired down to 12 psi. Then it got cool during the night and tires were dangerously low at 9 psi.

Face it: the Pats have the coaching, management and Brady which are all things that will kick your Middle-Atlantic Ash, at least for now. As I have often said, "nothing is forever."
Old 09-07-2019, 08:15 PM
Administrator

AB now to the Patriots.
You think Belichick has taken in difficult players before? Brown could be a different level of a challenge.
Time will tell....

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 09-08-2019, 07:33 AM
SS/Veteran

The coach knows what he is doing. He can shit-can any player that does not play suitable football. Its not Belichick's first rodeo. Always remember that good coaching is what makes a football team.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
The coach knows what he is doing. He can shit-can any player that does not play suitable football. Its not Belichick's first rodeo. Always remember that good coaching is what makes a football team.

yuz are spoiled!
Old 09-09-2019, 12:55 PM
SS/Veteran

Basic physics is on the side of the Pats. If you do the calculation using the ideal gas law, using absolute pressures (gauge pressure + atmospheric pressure) the temperature change from the locker room to the playing field was enough to account for the measured pressure change. When the whole thing came out, Neil deGrasse Tyson tweeted an erroneous calculation that only used gauge pressure -- either he is just a bad physicist or his loyalty to the Jets clouds his scientific abilities. Either way I don't think he has corrected that mistake...