Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:01 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: the pats

Rob, your remarks are always welcome. My trouble is that I have no respect for the press. They make their living spinning copy on individuals and the more important this person is, the more important the press makes it. Personally, I have no ties to Kraft nor do I care what he does in massage parlors. Do you? Its fake news! Now where did I hear that? The news reporters are the true whores. They go from one person to another ruining lives. A new life per day.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:51 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Frank,

#Fakenews... no disagreement on my part.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:03 PM
SS/Veteran

Many of us, certainly me, have lost confidence in newspaper reporting. I try to read the Boston Globe cover to cover but I drop most stories as soon as I see the author spinning the story in a political direction. Those people have latched onto Kraft like leaches. And of course part of the problem is this merciless anti Trump campaign. I understand that Trump is controversial but for crying out loud don't these people ever stop? Do they really think their readers are so stupid that they would not see the spin doctoring? Again, Trump was elected President because they hosed down an incompetent candidate to run against him.
Old 03-25-2019, 03:40 PM
SS/Veteran

It seems that the only thing in newspapers that you can trust is in the sports pages. For instance, I read and I truly believe that Gronkowski is going to retire. The Pats are going to miss him terribly. I think that once Brady leaves that the Patriots are going to become a ho-hum with more normal, less dominate results on the field. Nothing is forever. Seems I read that somewhere.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:24 AM
SS/Veteran

I know what the pervayers of fake news are saying about prostitution being slavery but I just can't can get all jerked about it. Kraft does not have a wife and I'm supportive of him; I like the guy. I'm also rooting for him and look forward to his jury trial which is the latest revelation in the Patriots saga. Maybe they can reduce the charges to -- are you ready? -- assault with a friendly weapon?
Old 03-27-2019, 11:24 AM

Frank, I'm sure he won't take it lying down
Old 03-31-2019, 08:52 AM
SS/Veteran

Kraft is going to beat this thing. The judge is going to throw the charges out because evidence was illegally acquired. The press is going to write about it until the Second Sunday after Pentacost. If its thrown out of court the league can't act upon it so it will all blow over.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:24 AM
Administrator

I think it was in the W.post that the Sheriff had said he could not prove sex trafficking. That it was only his suspicion at this point.

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 04-01-2019, 05:45 AM
SS/Veteran

Who cares about this so-called crime? Its a press event, nothing more. More copy for the press mill. I miss deflate-gate and that was hot air.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:53 AM

It is popular to bash Rich NFL owners in the press. And being the bahston mahket, why wouldn't they bash Kraft? Like you said, good copy for an ailing press.
Old 04-01-2019, 03:02 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
Kraft is going to beat this thing.
You might want to use a different analogy.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:52 PM
SS/Veteran

Sorry, it never occurred to me. But then only my wife is Irish.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:09 PM

Cool Kraft, A Massage, and the FBI

ok so now this gets weird, to me.

you hear about that Chinese woman who was arrested at Mar-a-Lago the other day, carrying electronics?

She knows or was "referred by" the owner of the massage parlor Kraft went to... you can't make this up. Seriously

NEHAMAS: Yeah, so she came to Mar-a-Lago, the president's private club, and said she wanted to use the pool and kind of implied that she was the relative of a member of Mar-a-Lago with a similar or the same surname and kind of got into the reception area that way. But then it turned out she wasn't on any list, and then her story changed, that she was here for this U.N. event, something which had been advertised by Cindy Yang. And that's when the Secret Service detained her.
SHAPIRO: OK, I want to dig a little deeper into this woman Cindy Yang - her real name is Li Yang - who has been in the news before in connection with a massage parlor that was at the center of a prostitution bust. She's also accused of selling access to the Trump family. How does this woman factor into the story?
NEHAMAS: So Ms. Yang, who, you know, as you said, owned the massage parlor where Robert Kraft was arrested, charged with soliciting prostitution, had a side business where she sold access to the president and his family, to events at Mar-a-Lago to Chinese business executives. And she had advertised an event set to take place at Mar-a-Lago on that day. It had been canceled after a lot of news reporting on her activities. So the woman who showed up to the club on Saturday said she was there for an event that had been canceled.
Old 04-03-2019, 12:16 PM

The conspiracy theorist in me really wants to run with this.

What if the Kraft "sting" had nothing to do with human trafficking (as I've read somewhere)? What if this was CIA setting up to track Chinese spies? What if Chinese spies were "working" Kraft to bug him to get at Trump?

Oh, it gets juicy. Crank up the typewriters (remember those?) !!

Where's have ya gone, Tom Clancy? American waits for you.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:32 AM

I'm convinced the feds were onto her at the spa:

Federal authorities are investigating possible Chinese intelligence operations targeting President Donald Trump and his private Palm Beach club, Mar-a-Lago, sources familiar with the never-before-reported investigation told the Miami Herald Wednesday.
The federal counterintelligence probe was turbo-charged on Saturday when U.S. Secret Service agents arrested a Chinese woman, Yujing Zhang, after they said she tried to enter the club with a bevy of electronic devices, including a thumb drive infected with “malicious malware.”
The ongoing investigation has also recently focused on Li “Cindy” Yang, the sources told the Herald. Yang is a South Florida massage parlor entrepreneur who has promoted events at Mar-a-Lago with ads targeting Chinese business executives hoping to gain access to Trump and his family. The investigation — spearheaded by the FBI — began before the Herald revealed Yang’s business of selling access last month and focused on other Chinese nationals doing business in the region.
Before her arrest, Zhang was unknown to federal authorities. Now, investigators with the FBI Counterintelligence Division in South Florida are trying to figure out who Zhang is, whether she is involved in a possible Chinese intelligence mission and whether there are links to Yang’s social events at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago.