Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:30 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: The press ......

These discussions are not governed by contemporary events. They are the product of lifelong political pursuasions. One thing that I will reassert: I am an Old Guard Democrat who changed political parties because of Hillary Clinton. What is the matter with the Democrats taking a ding-dong like her for a presidential candidate?
Old 02-13-2019, 10:02 AM
SS/Veteran

I read that newspaper decline is a national trend. I have suspitions as to why but newspapers spin stories too much instead of reporting things impartially. Papers have this preoccupation with deriding Trump to the point of absurdity. Of course his "fake news" attack stirred the pot. Still, there is a lot of fake news. Lawyers all tell clients not to talk to the press.
Old 02-18-2019, 04:56 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

Giant List Of MSM-Fueled Hate-Crime Hoaxes Meant To Frame Trump Supporters.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...iNtZpjqWzpRwH8

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:20 AM
SS/Veteran

Great post, Michael! That both sides lie is a statement about what our culture has become. The Dems can't put up a suitable candidate then blame the conservatives when they can't win an election. The politics have become racial, genderized, dirty and dishonest. Again, what is most sick about our country and its system is the biased press. Nobody reads a paper any more because they know they can't trust the press.

Trump's no holds barred approach has only further entrenched the press against Trump. I don't want it but eventually the press will get Trump. They have a lot of power to sway public opinion. We are only one click away from fighting in the streets. Then what? We will have to learn a new national language -- Mandarin.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:51 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

This country has Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I really can't believe anything anymore. Unless you're republican, you don't get prosecuted for anything in the media, or courts, it seems.

And when have states ever sued over a national emergency? I can't find a case, though perhaps it exists.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-man...by-presidents/

I also haven't heard how many celebrities have left the country since Trump became their president, as they promised. The media hasn't asked them about it either, apparently.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:55 AM

Why does the media keep falling for obvious hoaxes?

https://pjmedia.com/trending/why-doe...bvious-hoaxes/
Old 02-19-2019, 03:25 PM
SS/Veteran

The media knows when these things are hoaxes. Even a bad or inaccurate story is copy and copy is the lifeblood of media. Why else would they ruin people without checking a story?
Old 02-21-2019, 07:02 AM

Attached Images

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:07 AM

Attached Images

Old 02-22-2019, 10:33 AM
SS/Veteran

You know, its funny to see our members share their disdain for the press. In a way I envy those members because they are simply impartial observers. Try to imagine how a person who is victimized the way that I was would feel. Its a better story if Lassie is shot than a pair of unattended dogs, unleashed, exhibiting pack behavior. Never forget that "spin" is better copy than truth. Reporters are judged by editors for the kind of story, its readability, is produced. They want to sell papers and with the protection of the First Amendment, they will, and do, anything they want.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:39 PM
SS/Veteran

If you want entertainment read this thread right from the start, all 13+ pages. One sad note is that I lost the support of an old member who joined in 2006 and lauded my books clearly having read them. (Jer114) But he resented my attacks on the press. I guess offending members here and there goes with the territory but I do wish such things didn't happen.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:57 PM

....: .....
Attached Images

Old 03-02-2019, 11:32 AM
SS/Veteran

It seems to me that a newspaper ought to be smarter than to openly attack those with whom they choose to disagree. Have they so lost their way in their efforts to sell journalism to their subscribers that they have forgotten the business they are in? Today they spin everything with a clear effort to achieve some goal. Shouldn't they be striving to put "news" back into newspapers? Time was when editorial views were limited to the editorial pages; now they post their views on the front page.

Its clear the Dems despise Trump. Maybe next election they will run a candidate who is more popular than a woman who goes shopping while our Marines are dying in Bangazi. I love it: run a weak Presidential campaign with a pissah of a candidate then complain about the election results.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:57 AM
SS/Veteran

Hundreds of newspapers have shut down around the country. Our regional newspaper, the Boston Globe, has gotten so thin that you couldn't wrap a trout with one. Worse, they cover the same story four times, some articles side by side with others -- all saying the same thing. Laughingly, some media have gone to calling their coverage "real news" which I guess is a knock off on Trumps "fake news".

This reminder: I have never been a big fan of President Trump but I voted for him because the other choice was Hillary Clinton. Remember that I am a union man which is a Democratic party thing. But the liberals are going to screw themselves again the next election because they seem always to lack a viable candidate.

I don't want it but they will eventually get Trump. Just a matter of time.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:19 AM

well, the press just nailed the coffin shut on the news business...

For those anxious to keep the dream alive, the Times published its usual graphic of Trump-Russia “contacts,” inviting readers to keep making connections. But in a separate piece by Peter Baker, the paper noted the Mueller news had dire consequences for the press:
It will be a reckoning for President Trump, to be sure, but also for Robert S. Mueller III, the special counsel, for Congress, for Democrats, for Republicans, for the news media and, yes, for the system as a whole…
This is a damning page one admission by the Times. Despite the connect-the-dots graphic in its other story, and despite the astonishing, emotion-laden editorial the paper also ran suggesting “We don’t need to read the Mueller report” because we know Trump is guilty, Baker at least began the work of preparing Times readers for a hard question: “Have journalists connected too many dots that do not really add up?”
The paper was signaling it understood there would now be questions about whether or not news outlets like itself made galactic errors by betting heavily on a new, politicized approach, trying to be true to “history’s judgment” on top of the hard-enough job of just being true. Worse, in a brutal irony everyone should have seen coming, the press has now handed Trump the mother of campaign issues heading into 2020.
Nothing Trump is accused of from now on by the press will be believed by huge chunks of the population, a group that (perhaps thanks to this story) is now larger than his original base. As Baker notes, a full 50.3% of respondents in a poll conducted this month said they agree with Trump the Mueller probe is a “witch hunt.”

It's official: Russiagate is this generation's WMD