Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:34 PM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: Policy Discussion on Ask Frank

December 7, 1942: The Japanease attack on Pearl Harbor killed over 2,000 of our boys. This is the date of a day that "will live in infamy."
Old 12-21-2018, 06:52 PM

I enlisted, while a senior in college in 1969, into the USAR for a six year stint. Basic + OJT then summer camps and endless meetings. While stationed at Ft. Tilden protecting the eastern flank of the NY Bight ( joke ) no one invaded, not once did we fire a shot. Drank plenty of beer and stood muster on time , all the time. Met lots of characters, some still good friends.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:57 PM
SS/Veteran

Older than you my Reserve enlistment was for 8 years. Enlisting in 1953 I was treated like a flippin war hero because WWII was still fresh in everybody's mind. On liberty people would buy GIs drinks all the time. I got plastered a lot of times. And girls used to call sailors "sea food". I got more XXX than a toilet seat.
Old 12-23-2018, 12:27 PM
SS/Veteran

I went to Yeoman "A" School in Bainbridge, Md which is in close proximity to DC where there was a lot of secretaries. While there in school for two months I had two girl friends; do you know to this day I can't remember either of their names .
Old 03-15-2019, 02:22 PM
SS/Veteran

Just wondering if this thing is working.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:27 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

yeah, but pretty dead around here

I'm not getting out fishing for a while, so have little to add to the mix.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:23 PM

Hi Frank. I?m still reading the archives at night and only have 98 pages to go! They are just packed with great material. Like you have said it has all been covered.. but has it ? Would you object to more additional comments on old threads? On another note today was the last day I could get on the ice and Crappies are for dinner. Did you make it out at all this season and put some of your marabou jigs to work ? Cheers, Scott
Old 03-16-2019, 08:43 AM
SS/Veteran

Sure, ask anything you want as that is the while purpose of the site. I see the archives as a great source for conversations.

We couldn't get suitable conditions for jigging through the ice this year. The most important thing was that our favorite ice fishing spot was not well stocked this year. The one time we would have jigged it there was a kill tourney that necessitated killing any trout caught to prevent culling. My wife and I don't kill trout. (They are too valuable to be caught only once.)
Old 03-17-2019, 10:13 AM
SS/Veteran

If you find the right threads in the archives, they can be very entertaining. I love the insulting ones like the ones that get members kicked out by moderators. We had one guy, and there have been others, whose only purpose was to push his self-published book. He left so fast that we never got to kick him out.
Old 03-21-2019, 12:22 PM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
If you find the right threads in the archives, they can be very entertaining. I love the insulting ones like the ones that get members kicked out by moderators. We had one guy, and there have been others, whose only purpose was to push his self-published book. He left so fast that we never got to kick him out.
You talking about the Vineyard Derby guy?

Or was there another one too?
Old 03-21-2019, 03:18 PM
SS/Veteran

I don't remember the Vineyard guy but that might be because you were too vague. Seems to me you have to be pretty blatant to get kicked out. I know that promoting one's book is kind of uncool in a place where the moderator, me, is here to sell his books. (but then I haven't sold a book since last fall)

We have often seen collusion between guys connected in another world; like members from the same club. One kicks me in the ash while the other supports him. Of the two, in one case, we only kicked one of them out. Again, and I bitch about this all the time: if you don't like me or have some negative agenda, don't come, don't post, stay away.

Remember "Captain Bigass". He complained bitterly about my writing ruining the Cape. But his pictures posted on the Striper Surf websight holding big bass said to have been caught on the Outer Cape are all over the club's site and have been there for years.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:05 PM
SS/Veteran

At 6:00 PM on AMC, Saving Private Ryan is on TV. Joyce and I have seen it so many times we know the lines but still plan to watch it.

Congratulations, praise and thanks to our vets of which our web-master, Bob D'Amico is one. Thank you for your service, Bob.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:04 AM

Missed this, but yes, THANK YOU VETS for your service!

Did DVR Saving Private Ryan to watch another time... my wife won't watch it.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:38 AM
SS/Veteran

Another one is "Full Metal Jacket", "Hunt for Red October". Of course bein as I'm an old swab, I get off on that Navy and Marine stuff. When I was in high school I was often pulled out of class to work funeral details of Navy/Marine vets. I once asked the Chief Boatswan Mate why I was always called and he said that I always cried. semper fi
Old 05-30-2019, 01:28 PM

never ran into "Full Metal Jacket"... have to look around for that one.