Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 09-09-2019, 01:21 PM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Default Re: the pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoller View Post
Basic physics is on the side of the Pats. If you do the calculation using the ideal gas law, using absolute pressures (gauge pressure + atmospheric pressure) the temperature change from the locker room to the playing field was enough to account for the measured pressure change. When the whole thing came out, Neil deGrasse Tyson tweeted an erroneous calculation that only used gauge pressure -- either he is just a bad physicist or his loyalty to the Jets clouds his scientific abilities. Either way I don't think he has corrected that mistake...

the coverup was worse than the crime
Old 09-09-2019, 02:54 PM
SS/Veteran

Watching them last night I couldn't help but think the Pats keep picking up these stray cat players nobody wants and turns them into stars. Look at "Flash" Gordon: nobody wanted him because of his social inequities, i.e. failed drug tests, for instance. But the Pats take him and he plays awesome football. Watch this new guy they just signed, Antonio Brown, another locker room misfit nobody wanted, they say he has HUGE potential. The Pats keep laundering the unwanted and turns them into football players.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:28 AM
SS/Veteran

Now it turns out that Brown is damaged goods because of allegations that he mistreated a woman trainer. There is some belief that she is just doing the action for the money settlement. It seems that there is little about actual football. The press does love it.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:11 PM
Administrator

I wonder if somebody from one of AB previous employers put her up to this just to destroy his career.

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 09-13-2019, 09:28 AM
SS/Veteran

Jess, that is an interesting conspiracy theory. Football has as many games off the field as on. Also, what she wants for hush money is really not all that much. Why not pay her?
Old 09-16-2019, 09:58 AM
SS/Veteran

The two stray cats -- Brown and Gordon -- looked pretty good in yesterday's game. Brown especially, having only practiced a few times with Brady sure carried himself. What is it about the Pats that they can groom discards from other teams who couldn't get rid of them fast enough? Management!
Old 09-16-2019, 11:28 AM

I hate the Pats.

Carry on.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:49 AM
SS/Veteran

Now Brown is being accused by a second bimbo! When is someone in government going to sponsor legislation that puts a statute of limitation on these rape charges? Where are we going in football? Do we want football players or boy scouts?
Old 09-20-2019, 02:18 PM

Pulling a Belichick: Just Leave!

Bill Belichick has reached his boiling point in the Antonio Brown saga ... abruptly ending a press conference after reporters peppered him with Qs about his controversial superstar WR.

The New England Patriots coach faced the media on Friday -- just hours after the NFL opened an investigation into alleged texts Brown sent to a woman accusing him of sexual misconduct in 2017.

Of course, the media wanted answers ... but Belichick told reporters right off the bat he wouldn't be answering any questions about AB. He opened saying, "We take all situations with our team very seriously."

"There's some things we're looking into. But, I'm not going to have any comment on any of the off the field situations or questions on that."
SplashNews.com

Bill also suggested Brown would be active and playing on Sunday when the Patriots take on the NY Jets.

When Belichick tried to move past the Brown questions, the media stayed focused on the bigger story ... and Bill. Got. Pissed.

"I think I've already addressed this ... we're gonna get ready for the Jets here. Happy to answer any football questions. But, the rest of it ... I'm done with the rest of it."

When a reporter followed that up with another AB question ... Bill got fed up, interrupted him and left the podium.

"That's it. Yep, I'm good. Thank you."
Old 09-21-2019, 09:32 AM
SS/Veteran

We think of Belichick as a good football coach but he also handles the press well. They can be a PIA. We all know that reporters don't care about the interviews other than to create copy. Know what your lawyer is going to say? "Don't talk to them."
Old 09-23-2019, 04:29 PM
SS/Veteran

Brown is out again! ought to keep his mouth shut or his locker on wheels.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:55 PM
SS/Veteran

yes, Rich. He made another mistake. The situation is flawed with weird sheet/ For instance , why would female who has been abused come back a year later only to be abused again?
Old 09-23-2019, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
yes, Rich. He made another mistake. The situation is flawed with weird sheet/ For instance , why would female who has been abused come back a year later only to be abused again?

And why is it only a civil case not criminal?

----------------------------------------------------
Untied we Stand
Divided we will Fall!
Old 09-24-2019, 09:33 AM
SS/Veteran

These repeated allegations by women who claim to have been sexually abused are becoming increasingly suspitious. My wife says, and she has a point, "if someone did that to me, I wouldn't be waiting years to call the cops, report it. I would be down there that day". Look at Bill Cosby doing time for 30 years ago sex abuse. Poor bastard is an old man who can hardly walk and I doubt is capable of abusing anyone.
Old 09-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
These repeated allegations by women who claim to have been sexually abused are becoming increasingly suspitious. My wife says, and she has a point, "if someone did that to me, I wouldn't be waiting years to call the cops, report it. I would be down there that day". Look at Bill Cosby doing time for 30 years ago sex abuse. Poor bastard is an old man who can hardly walk and I doubt is capable of abusing anyone.
Some of the historical cases do bear catching up, as times have changed. With powerful figures, apparently especially rampant in entertainment, though not exclusively, events were reported and swept under the rug. You played ball, or were cast aside. Let's face it, 30 years ago or 30 days ago, drugging a woman was and is never ever acceptable, it's criminal and he should have gone to prison back then. They "why's" of how this has been brought back up are really irrelevant in this, and some other cases. The things that get me are the more historical revisionism, the cases of "assault" that really on (or under) the surface seem to be more contextual relationship dynamics and not "assault". Things like "he kissed me and I felt assaulted", and reported many years later blown way out of proportion.

I agree that some recent cases are, in many cases, suspicious.