Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire

Fishing - Maine & New Hampshire Maine & New Hampshire Fishing Reports and Information

Old 06-10-2013, 08:23 AM

Default Fishing Boothbay Harbor, East Boothbay

Morning!

I'm heading up to the Boothbay Harbor region to visit family next week and I wanted to bend some ears about fishing.

I've always gone right off the pier at the end of our road, right up at the top of Linnekin Bay (Bayville, if you know it). We catch squid and Macks, but I was curious if anyone knew some shore access spots where we could huck a line and maybe catch something a bit more interesting...we being my son, age six and I (though I'm not adverse to going alone either...).

I was wondering, for instance, if Ocean point or one of the rivers might have some decent spots for jigging in the current or throwing plugs. I don't have access to a motorboat, but I do have a kayak.

Thanks in advance for any and all input folks may have!

-Chill
Old 07-13-2013, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Fishing Boothbay Harbor, East Boothbay

Look at my post re: Port Clyde. A kayak would have been just excellent to have handy.
If you want to see if there's any night time back-cove activity, just get out there at high tide, stand still and listen. The sound of feeding stripers will raise goose bumps once you know it for what it is. They're loud!
Good luck!