Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Regional Fishing Forums > Fishing - CT and RI

Fishing - CT and RI Connecticut and Rhode Island Fishing Reports and Information

Old 04-24-2005, 09:48 AM

I have a chance to put in for a job in Providence. I think my chances are slim, but my wife and I love R.I. so much we are going to take the shot. My wife is a New England girl from Connecticut who finds herself stuck in the mud of the swamps of Jersey. Anyway we have both researched this in the past in case a oppertunity came up. We would look to move to Tiverton or East Greenwich. We have 5 children who we send to Catholic grammer school in Monmouth County. I know there are 5 or 6 catholic gramer schools in Fall River, Ma and 2 Highschools. There is a similar number in Providence. I know from looking on the internet I can find a 3/4 bedroom house for under 600,000. I am just looking for help on schools and the towns and if anyone knows a real estate agent that would help. Thank you. Fitz
Old 04-25-2005, 06:34 PM
spence

Housing is very high right now in both locations. If you're thinking Tiverton, check to see if there are any Catholic schools in Portsmouth which is just as close as Fall River...but may not be on your route to Prov.

Either place would be a great location. I can't speak for East Greenwich in detail, but I love living in Tiverton.

-spence
Old 04-26-2005, 02:52 PM

Thank you. My wife after some phone calls and checking around has found a Catholic school she feels is right in Bristol. It has the Sisters as the school the children go to now. The town at least on the internet looks nice and is surronded by water so there must be some Stripers around.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:04 PM
spence

Tiverton is a nice place for stripers, blues and blackfish. There are several productive riverine and estuarine spots in town, and your're only 10-20 min from rock strewn open ocean to the south. The Cape Cod Canal is about 40 min and most southcounty locations are 30-50 min away.

If you find a house close to rte 24, access to other locations is much faster. Living on the south side of town adds considerable distance, but it's a little more secluded.

If you do go househunting in the area, feel free to look me up...