Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM
SS/Veteran

Default Re: The press ......

Reading the Boston Globe today I could not help but think of how entertaining these writers are: "sources in a position to know" or, "there is a widespread belief" or, "people familiar with the investigation". These are professional reporters for the biggest newspapers in the world: Washington Post, NY Times, Boston Globe, who print fake drivel to suit a highly politicized agenda. Readers can't be so stupid as to buy that crap. Man, are they ever out to get Trump .
Old 01-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Publisher, StriperSurf

I have digital subscriptions to the NY Times, Washington Post, Columbus Dispatch (OH), Star Ledger (NJ), Times of London (Great Britain), and Algemeen Dagblad (Rotterdam).

I want to stay up to date so I read each of them EVERY DAY.

The only thing Fake in the news is Donald J. Trump, his entire family, Mike Pence, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Kellyanne Conway, Rudy Giuliani (Truth Isn't True), the entire Cabinet plus most of the GOP Senators Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio, Lindsay Graham & Ted Cruz.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:26 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Bob... keep going on the list with many from the other side of the aisle and I'm with you. I'd disown any kid of mine who came home with a politician.
Old 01-13-2019, 11:54 AM
SS/Veteran

Bob, I am a lifelong Democrat. Reason for this is that my union saved my life at a time when I was really in need. Then, along comes a woman presidential candidate who the Democrats put up who was shopping while our Marines were dieing in Bengazzi. You have to know that Trump became president by default because the dems had no suitable, could win, candidate.

Then there is the issue of firearms ownership. The liberals want us to hunt with a sharp stick. I am not saying they are taking our guns because the NRA wants me to. I am saying that the Dems have repeatedly demonstrated hostility toward the peaceful use of firearms like target shooting and hunting. If they ever go after fishing like they have hunting many here would have a different political view. Let the Dems stop putting up crap candidates, and go after gun criminality instead of peaceful use and this union man will return to his old party. And when I do I won't wreck store fronts if I don't get my way and whoever does win will enjoy my support, not say of our duly elected Commander-in-Chief that he is "not my President."
Old 01-14-2019, 10:21 AM
SS/Veteran

The press is so tilted against Trump its going to take a miracle to get him elected next election. The determinate is going to be the Democratic candidate. I hope Pocahontis gets the nod to run. That would give the conservatives another win. Its really dependent upon the Dems having a suitable candidate which they failed at last election.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:25 PM
SS/Veteran

From what I am seeing in the papers newspaper readership has gone way down. Not sure why. I know my reasons for disdain over the press is from personal experience. But that can't be the case with that many readers. I know that of five families in my cul-de-sac we are the only ones who get a newspaper. Even at that, my wife only reads the sports pages and I read the paper to laugh at the "fake news". I don't think the world of Trump but he is right about newspapers. I know many members here don't share my contempt for the press. Why would you if never having been victimized by them?

The war that President Trump has with the press is the reason why they are always after him. Reason why Mister Smarty has such contempt for the press is I was treated unfairly by the press. I lost my association with Mass Bass, and that two-bit sheet I used to write for. I shot a phucken dog that had my wife on the ground and a newspaper came down on the side of the dog.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:12 PM
Senior Fellow, SS/Platinum, SS/Insider, Team SS

The press.
Attached Images

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Education does not guarantee intelligence.

Prepare for the worst and you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:48 AM
SS/Veteran

I find the press' behavior regarding Trump as contemptable. They deride, eternally find fault with his every effort, over and over, over and over. Any given day they come down hard on his every decision. Its an over and over broken record. Sure, Trump is off the wall but he acts as an example of what can happen when the party can't come up with a suitable candidate. Hillary Clinton??? paleeze Give, me a break! Next election the Dems are going to put up Pocanontis. Here we go again. Another sure-to-lose choice -- Elizabeth Warren. What is the matter with these guys? They put up a nobody as a candidate then wreck store fronts when they lose the election.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:34 PM
SS/Veteran

My personal opinion on Hillary Clinton is that she was vastly more qualified than Trump for the position, but the opposition had a 25 year head start on the smear campaign and it worked. Speaking of the press.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:17 PM
SS/Veteran

Neither candidate was a suitable choice. Wife and didn't vote for Trump; we voted against Hillary.

I know what happened to us is that having watched Trump results with some of his projects -- North Korea, which nobody in Washington ever did anything about prior for a 70 years war/shaky armistice. China trade imbalance; China intellectual property violations; illegal immigration. These four things never got any attention from prior administrations by either party. Sure Trump is a crude PIA. But he does things. He wades into problems when he sees a need. I will not allow myself to be part of what Washington Dems are doing to screw up the U.S. as a world power. And trashing store fronts when you don't get what you want in an election is way over the line; I want no part of it. Yes, Trump is controversial. He ought to be easy to beat if the Dems could round up a suitable candidate. When is that going to happen?????
Old 01-21-2019, 11:25 AM

We need the Mudhole back to expose all of the FAKE NEWS.

The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

Old 01-21-2019, 03:17 PM
SS/Veteran

True, we need the mud hole but you can voice your support or dissatisfaction for the press right here. I am also aware that the average person is not burdened by the contempt for the press from which I suffer.

Never forget that the press has an awesome responsibility to the people it serves. When they fail in that, and we know that they have, they become the enemy of the people. Now, where have I heard that?
Old 01-21-2019, 05:48 PM

Thumbs up Re: The press ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Daignault View Post
True, we need the mud hole but you can voice your support or dissatisfaction for the press right here. INever forget that the press has an awesome responsibility to the people it serves. When they fail in that, and we know that they have, they become the enemy of the people. Now, where have I heard that?

Old 01-21-2019, 07:03 PM

Attached Images

Old 01-22-2019, 08:27 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob D'Amico View Post
I have digital subscriptions to the NY Times, Washington Post, Columbus Dispatch (OH), Star Ledger (NJ), Times of London (Great Britain), and Algemeen Dagblad (Rotterdam).

I want to stay up to date so I read each of them EVERY DAY.

The only thing Fake in the news is Donald J. Trump, his entire family, Mike Pence, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Kellyanne Conway, Rudy Giuliani (Truth Isn't True), the entire Cabinet plus most of the GOP Senators Mitch McConnell, Marco Rubio, Lindsay Graham & Ted Cruz.
Bob,

You're great, truthful, media was 0 for 2 this weekend on Cohen and the "MAGA hat" kids.

Really restores my faith in media.