Home

HOME     ARTICLES     Frank DAIGNAULT     TROPHY RIGS     CONTENTS     FAQs     FLY FISHING     OFF ROAD 4 X 4     STRIPED BASS    SURFCASTING

Click for Daignault Biography Twenty Years Trophy Striper Striper Surf Striper Hot Spots MID-ATLANTIC Striper Hot Spots - NEW ENGLAND Eastern Tides Fly Fishing the Striper Surf
TWENTY YEARS ON THE CAPE - STRIPER SURF - STRIPER HOT SPOTS - THE TROPHY STRIPER
EASTERN TIDES - FLY FISHING THE STRIPER SURF
Welcome to Frank Daignault's "CASTS" - Center for Advanced Studies of Trophy Stripers.
Please be sure to read the Protocol and then join in!

Go Back   StriperSurf Forums > Main Forums > Ask Frank Daignault

Ask Frank Daignault Frank Daignault is recognized as an authority on surf fishing for striped bass. He is the author of six books and hundreds of magazine articles. Frank is a member of the Outdoor Writers of America and lectures throughout the Northeast.

Old 03-10-2016, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Policy Discussion on Ask Frank

I completely understand Frank, not trying to drain you or Bobby D. or anybody, but things have modernized since the site was created and I'm not even using a computer anymore, very rarely, everything is the I-Phone and I-Pad and that is becoming the norm in a lot of ways...I'm a technological dinosaur and even I'm using this stuff all the time! Making Striper Surf more compatible to this technology is a good move I just don't know how much of an investment or overhaul is necessary to do so. I don't even have a camera anymore as the photos from my phone are better than any digital camera I've had...I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way as its not a complaint just a suggestion to improve things. Everything out there is one or two buttons or maneuvers and the picture is up with no hassle, if that was the case here it would be more copy, more contributions and more posts (I'm thinking that would be the case anyway) and that's good for everyone involved...
-Phil
Old 03-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Writer, Hunter, Surfcaster

I don't know how Jon can put up so many pictures. It takes me so long to resize a picture so that I can put it up that I cancel half of my picture plans. Pix that I take with my digital all have to be resized for acceptance here. It might be that some IPhone cameras take smaller pictures. Don't know.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:55 PM
SS/Veteran

Reason is Frank I am using my phone to do all the posting. So it only takes 2 clicks to upload the pictures that I take using my phone on photobucket.com and then 2 clicks to grab the Image link that you need to post in the thread for the picture. I dont do any sizing at all.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:55 AM

That's what I figured.
Old 03-12-2016, 09:01 AM
SS / Curmudgeon / SSc Storm Watcher

You should be able to resize the picture right on your phone, if needed, or you can go to the trouble of uploading the pic to an external site like picasaweb or whatnot, then just posting the picture via a link.

Jon, I am with Frank in that I know nothing about getting a site link a higher score in Google, but pm Bob D hisself... He's the grand puba here...
Old 03-12-2016, 10:16 AM
SS/Veteran

Ya where is Bob these days? A small adwords campaign would really help people find the place! In my line of business selling software, Im always surprised to hear a orospect mention us being at the top of the google search page. It makes a difference apparently. I think people tend to associate a web sites legitimacy with the rank order of those search results.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:25 PM

Part of the problem is that these sites probably don't make enough money to sheperd over the policies that define them. I know that I have quit stripersurf.con so many times in 16 years that I have Xerox copies of my resignation. This is a perfect place for an old man who can't get up the whorehouse stairs any more: ME!
Old 03-24-2016, 11:33 AM

Having lost a number of disgruntled members through a concerted effort I have already been warned about, I have been watching the other numbers that says just as much about our viability -- hits and views. This is telling me that an awful lot of people come here everyday who read but do not post. Therefore I perceive our value to the angling readership is as good as ever. Sure, it saddens me, I am sure as it does many of you but remember that just as no one is required to join nor is any one required to stay.

The few who come here for the wrong reasons have been around for all of the 16 years I have been at the helm of this site. We miss those that leave for three days, which is probably all I will be missed for when I go. Some are here to brag; others are selling something and at least in one case to get even. Our specialty is the striper surf, not exercising contempt upon our fellows.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:29 PM
SS/Veteran

I've been actively trying to be more participatory here, but I find it hard sometimes to have something to say. And I've always had an ironclad rule here: only scribble something if you have something to say, and don't post just for the sake of posting. It can be hard to come up with something original when you're seeing a subject that has been beaten to death for a number of years.

And though I think you know this, Frank, this is a comment on the subject -- fishing -- and not a comment on you. It's hard to come up with new topics when you've been talking about fishing for stripe-it bass since Al Gore invented the internet.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:05 AM

Chris, it might be a site about fishing but it is clearly corrupted by people problems. I know what the problems are and I know who is connected to exacerbate those problems. I wish issues here were only about fishing. Warnings. Personal messages. Rat outs. Depending upon my mood, I sometimes laugh and sometimes I want to cry.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:10 PM

There is a lot of information available here that members don't know how to access; others know but don't care. Our views by people lurking is HUGE. So even if posts are down and thread originations are few, the site enjoys a lot of exposure. Surprising.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:30 AM
SS/Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Daignault View Post
Part of the problem is that these sites probably don't make enough money to sheperd over the policies that define them. I know that I have quit stripersurf.con so many times in 16 years that I have Xerox copies of my resignation. This is a perfect place for an old man who can't get up the whorehouse stairs any more: ME!
your remedy of the Orange nectar might be going out on the drop , possibly a cheap bottle of wine will help keep you in the high tide. Hope this helps ( wink )
Old 04-13-2016, 11:30 AM

We only drink cheap wine probably because we can't tell the difference. We buy the big jugs of Livingston Merlot for around $12. No evening dinner is served without red wine. My cardiologist says to keep drinking it but with moderation. I break all the dietary fat rules and my cholesterol is quite low. (I think I just digressed from policy but Hook caused it.)
Old 04-13-2016, 01:35 PM
SS/Veteran

My brother In -Law ( the rich Republican ) has to have his a temperature of taste between 60 -70 degrees . When he asks me my preference ? I tell him the outside garage temps . ...Hey ! I sipped a few Carlo Rossi jugs this winter reading your posts .
Old 04-13-2016, 02:07 PM
SS/Veteran

FRANK you're correct. Hundreds of fisherman read but do not post. Just look at your numbers. Many folks are scared to death to post, kind'a like I was when I first started trying to get up the nerve to talk on my first CB radio.
And CHRIS, what is old to me and you is brand spankin' new to hundreds of others. There's a couple of greek words for everybody being born with zero knowledge---can't think what they are (damnit, I wrote'em down somewhere). As a former school teacher who occasionally taught the same class in a row, I had to keep reminding myself that this is a new bunch of kids that didn't hear me teach this the last hour. Go way way back on the site and pull up some really old threads and you'll be amazed at what you learn.

MULE.