View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 03:29 PM
Senior Fellow

Default Still Casting......

I am remiss in not reaching out in a long time. Our NCBBA Red Drum Tournament has grown 25% + in the last two years with a few format changes. One of the changes was to add a team division last year. Our team format differs from other team tournaments in that there are no designated stations and the members of a team are eligible for the individual category prizes as well as the team prize. Your team can fish together or separately.
On a personal note I celebrated my 70th birthday with a series of calamities including breaking my leg on the first day of our tournament. It was only a broken fibula and a bad sprained ankle but I may have created some complications by not being able to address it for five days. It didn't hurt enough to make me leave the island and 361 guest anglers until after the tourney. I was proud to receive the "worst patient ever" award from the orthopedic doctor.
There was a great and early bite of large red drum last spring/late winter and a steady and very productive fall and early winter for speckled trout. I fully retired at the end of last year so am looking forward to more fishing and more efforts on behalf of NCBBA.
I would enjoy seeing more of my friends from up north on our NC beaches. My pickup will no longer turn north so y'all need to come south.......you'll like it, the waters great!

"You fish --- then you die --- or you don't fish and die anyway --- your choice"