This pattern has a litle more flash to attract the fish than the Mossbunker, unfortunately, the Angel Hair isn't quite as durable as I would like. It is still a pattern well worth being in your flyboxes.
Stuff you'll need...
Tie it up...
- Hook: Mustad 34007 or equivalent
- Wing: White FisHair covered by Pearl Angel Hair
- Topping: Blue Angel Hair
- Eyes: Stick on Prismatic Eyes
- Place the hook in the vise and attach the tying thread.
- Start near the bend of the hook, using small clumps of FisHair. Alternate over and under the shank, moving forward to make a wide profile underwing.
- Throw in a few half-hitches to lock it down.
- Take a medium clump of Pearl Angel Hair and tie it in right behind the eye on the hook, spreading it out so it evenly covers the FisHair.
- Tie in the darker Angel Hair for the topping. You can use any color you like, but I prefer blue, olive green or light brown.
- Whip Finish and apply your favorite head cement.
- Glue on the eyes and you're done!
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 Ed Zaun, All Rights Reserved