This is a simple little pattern for those times when Sand Eels (Sand Launces) are present. It also makes a good dropper (teaser) fly.
Stuff you'll need...
Tie it up...
- Hook: Mustad 34007 or equivalent
- Thread: Gray or Olive
- Tail: Pearl Crystal Flash, Yellow Saddle, Light Olive Saddle
- Place the hook in the vise and attach the tying thread.
- Tie in a small amount of the Crystal Flash and extend it about 3 inches.
- Tie in a smallish ( 2 1/2" ) yellow saddle, and cover it with a light olive one of the same size. These hackles should be tied flat to mimic the narrow shape of a Sand Eel.
- Form the body with the tying thread, starting just above the point and working forward.
- Whip Finish and apply your favorite head cement.
- I told you it was simple.
Copyright © 1999 - 2013 Ed Zaun, All Rights Reserved